September 06, 2015

CHARLOTTE TILBURY LIGHT WONDER FOUNDATION REVIEW


Left: Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in 'Fair 1' blended into skin
Right: Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder Foundation in 'Fair 1' swatched on arm (Not blended)
As Charlotte Tilbury has released her new foundation, the Magic Foundation, which I am eager to get my hands on as soon as possible, I thought I would review her other foundation, the Light Wonder Foundation, which I already own and love. I own the lightest shade of this foundation, Fair 1. I bought this foundation about 6 months ago and it is one that I wear very frequently, as it is very natural looking on the skin.

I would say that this foundation has a light-to-medium coverage on the skin, as it does not cover blemishes very well, but it covers any redness that I may have. It also evens out my skin tone nicely, and it also gives my skin a nice, dewy glow that looks very natural, and not greasy. As I have combination skin, with an oily T Zone and dry skin everywhere else, this foundation is great, as it does not cling to dry patches, but it also doesn't make my T Zone look too shiny or greasy throughout the day. I also really like the consistency of this foundation, as it is a water based foundation, and it is quite runny and it blends into the skin extremely quickly. This foundation is also extremely lightweight, and once blended, you can't feel it or even see it on the skin. This foundation also has SPF15, which is good, as in countires such as Ireland where there isn't much sun, it is handy to have, as many people don't bother putting SPF on daily (Myself included!).

This foundation also lasts quite a while on my skin, and I can go for about 6 hours before having to powder my T Zone again. I usually apply this foundation using my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush, which blends the foundation seamlessly into the skin. I also usually use the Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer underneath the foundation, as it adds a nice glow to the skin while making the foundation last longer. I also set this foundation using my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder, as it prevents my skin from looking too oily around my T Zone.

This foundation is definitely one of my favourites, and I used it most days during the summer and on holidays, as it gave my skin some extra coverage and it made my skin look more dewy and glowy, while still looking extremely natural on the skin. I would recommend this foundation to all skin types, except for maybe extremely oily skin. This foundation is quite expensive at €42, but there is a lot of product, and you only need to use a tiny amount to cover your whole face. Although I have used this foundation constantly, I still haven't even made a dent in the product yet, so I can see this foundation lasting me a long time! I would also recommend this foundation to mostly people with very pale and light-to-medium skin tones, as I don't think this foundation has many shades for darker skin tones. Although, you can go to your local Charlotte Tilbury counter and they will give you samples of a few shades to try out, so you can decide what shade you are.