August 30, 2015

AUGUST BEAUTY FAVOURITES


As it is the end of August, it is time for another monthly beauty favourites! I have had a bit of an obsession with lip liners over the past month, as I love how precise the application is and how long they last on the lips. I also rediscovered an old favourite eyeshadow palette of mine this month, and I have been using it most days since! I also discovered my perfect mascara in the last few months, and I have decided to include it in this month's favourites as I have nearly used it up, and it is one that I will definitely be repurchasing!

My first beauty favourite this month is the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Liner in the shade 'Pillow Talk'. This is an amazing neutral pink shade that I love to use both on its own and underneath other pinky-nude lipsticks. I love the formula of this, as it lasts all day long, but it isn't too drying on the lips as some other ones I've tried from other brands such as MAC can be. I also love the colour, as it is the perfect pinky-nude shade for me, and it also gives the illusion of fuller and plumper lips! You can only use this to outline the lips, but I love filling in the entire lip with this pencil.

My second beauty favourite this month is another lip liner, but this time it's the Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in 'Ballet Pink'. I only got this last week, but I have been wearing it every day since! This lip pencil is nearly the exact same colour as my lips, so I love using this to outline and fill in my lips to wear on its own, or under nude lipsticks. It is less pink than the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner, and it is more of a nude shade on me, but as it is the same colour as my lips, it does not wash me out at all. I don't like the formula of this pencil as much as the Charlotte Tilbury one, as it does feel quite drying when applying it to the lips, but it lasts all day long without fading or smudging, so I can't really complain!

My third beauty favourite this month is the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette. This was one of the first eyeshadow palettes that I bought when I first started wearing makeup about two years ago, and even though I have bought plenty of neutral eyeshadow palettes since, this is still one of my absolute favourites. I don't want to go into too much detail about this palette now as I have a review of this palette coming up on Friday, but I love this palette because there are five matte shades in it, and one shimmer shade to highlight, and it is just the perfect neutral palette for everyday!

My last favourite this month is another Charlotte Tilbury product, and it is the Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara. I got this mascara back in June, and it quickly became my favourite mascara of all time. I love this mascara because with one coat, it can look nice and natural on the lashes, but with two or three coats it can look like I am wearing fake eyelashes, as it gives so much volume and length to the lashes. I also love this mascara because it is the first mascara that I have ever tried that never clumps, no matter how many coats of it you apply onto the lashes. The only thing I don't like about it is that it can smudge on the lower lashes, but all mascaras do that to me anyway, unless they are waterproof.