July 08, 2015

MY MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION

From left to right: Syrup, Pink Plaid, Ruby Woo, Girl About Town, Creme Cup and Patisserie
From left to right: Patisserie, Creme Cup, Girl About Town, Ruby Woo, Pink Plaid, Syrup
Around this time last year, I started to become addicted to collecting MAC Lipsticks. I would spend all of my time researching the next best MAC lipstick that would suit my pale skin. After about two months, the fad passed, but not before I had bought six MAC lipsticks! Since then, I haven't bought any MAC lipsticks, as I now prefer Charlotte Tilbury's and Chanel's offerings, but that's not to say I don't love my MAC ones too and I reach for some of these lipsticks very often, as there are some great everyday lipsticks in my collection, as well as two bright ones I love to wear going out and at parties.

The first lipstick I am going to talk about is Patisserie. This is a lovely "my lips but better" nude that I can just throw on with any outfit or makeup look and I know that it will look good. Patisserie has a 'Lustre' finish, meaning that it is very sheer, and very glossy on the lips. Since it is so sheer and glossy, it doesn't last long on the lips, only about 1-2 hours before fading.

The second lipstick is Creme Cup. I got this for free due to the 'Back to MAC' scheme, where you bring in 6 empty MAC products and in return, you can get a free lipstick. Creme Cup is a pale blue toned lipstick. It goes nicely against my pale skin when I am wearing a smokey eye, as it is nude but it doesn't wash the lips out too much. Creme Cup has a 'Cremesheen' finish, meaning that it is very creamy and glossy. They are quite full coverage on the lips too. Creme Cup lasts about 2 hours on my lips before fading.

The third lipstick I am going to talk about is Girl About Town. This lipstick is a bright blue toned pink, that I think looks great on nearly all skin tones. Although it is quite glossy on the lips, it lasts quite a long time on me, about 4 hours, and it fades nicely, giving a pink stain on the lips. Girl About Town has an 'Amplified Creme' formula, meaning that it is very glossy, pigmented and creamy.

The fourth lipstick shown is Ruby Woo. This is a vivid blue toned red. I love the contrast of the bright red against my pale skin. I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who is looking for a classic red lipstick. Ruby Woo has a 'Retro Matte' finish, meaning that it is a very drying matte lipstick. Although it is very drying on the lips, because it is matte it means that it will stay in place all day and even during eating and drinking.

The fifth lipstick is Pink Plaid. Pink plaid is a dirty, blue toned pink. Pink Plaid is my 'Kylie Jenner lipstick', as I use it whenever I want to wear a lip colour like hers, but that suits my skin tone. Pink Plaid has a 'Matte' finish, meaning that it can be quite drying and cracked on the lips if you do not use a lip balm underneath, but because it is matte, it lasts a long time on the lips before fading. This lipstick lasts about 6 hours on my lips before fading.

The last lipstick I am going to talk about is Syrup. Syrup is a cloudy pink. I don't wear this lipstick much, as I don't think it goes very nicely against my skin tone. However, I have seen it on people with slightly darker skin tones and it looks amazing! Syrup has a 'Lustre' finish, meaning that like Patisserie, it is very sheer and glossy, but does not last long on the lips.

What MAC lipsticks do you own, if any? Also, what MAC lipstick do you have your eye on to buy?