July 22, 2015

MY MAC EYESHADOW COLLECTION

Top Row, from left to right: Blanc Type, Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Sable
Bottom Row, from left to right; Omega, Satin Taupe, Woodwinked, Quarry

Top Row, from left to right: Blanc Type, Naked Lunch
Bottom Row, from left to right: Omega, Satin Taupe

Top Row, from left to right: All That Glitters, Sable
Bottom Row, from left to right: Woodwinked, Quarry

After I posted about last week, I decided that it was time that I posted about my MAC Eyeshadow collection too. Last summer, I went through a phase of collecting MAC eyeshadows, and I was determined to fill up my palette by the end of the year. As you can see, that hasn't happened, but I do hope to fill it up soon, as there are a lot of MAC eyeshadows that I really want! MAC eyeshadows are some of my favourite eyeshadows, because there is such a wide range of shades, and they are always extremely buttery and pigmented.

I buy the MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans, and I keep them in my MAC Large Pro Palette with the 15 Pro Palette Eyeshadow insert. I did this because I figured that it would be easier to store MAC eyeshadows in one big palette rather than keeping them separately, and it would be easier to bring my MAC eyeshadows with me when travelling. Also, if you buy the MAC Eyeshadow Pro Palette Refill Pans, they are €6.50 cheaper each than the regular MAC eyeshadows in the individual cases!

The first eyeshadow in the top row of my MAC palette is Blanc Type. This is an ivory coloured shadow. It is completely matte, and it is very buttery. On my pale skin, this is the perfect neutral lid colour, but on medium to dark skintones it could be used as a matte highlight.

The second eyeshadow in the top row is Naked Lunch. This is a very pale peachy-pink. This eyeshadow is very shimmery. MAC describes it as having a 'Frost' finish, meaning that it is shimmery, but not glittery.

The third eyeshadow in the top row of my MAC palette is All That Glitters. This is one of my favourite MAC eyeshadows. This is a peachy-pink shade with gold running through it. MAC describes it as having a 'Veluxe Pearl' finish, meaning that it has a metallic, shimmery finish.

The last eyeshadow in the top row is Sable. This eyeshadow is a bronzey-plum colour with gold shimmer. This eyeshadow has a 'Frost' finish, so just like Naked Lunch, it is shimmery, but there are no glitter particles in it.

The first eyeshadow in the bottom row of my MAC palette is Omega. This is a light taupe colour. This eyeshadow is completely matte, so like Blanc Type, there is no glitter or shimmer at all. It is also very buttery.

The second eyeshadow in the bottom row is Satin Taupe. This is a purple-toned dark taupe colour. This eyeshadow has a 'Frost' finish, meaning that like Naked Lunch and Sable, it is quite shimmery, but there is no glitter in this eyeshadow.

The third eyeshadow in the bottom row is Woodwinked. This is a bronzey-gold colour. This eyeshadow has a 'Veluxe Pearl' finish, meaning that like All That Glitters, it looks very metallic and shimmery on the eyelid.

The last eyeshadow in the bottom row of my MAC palette is Quarry. This eyeshadow is a plum-brown colour. This is a matte eyeshadow, so like Omega and Blanc Type, it is very buttery and there is no shimmer in it whatseoever.

One of my favourite looks using the eyeshadows from my MAC palette is using All That Glitters and Sable. I pat All That Glitters all over my eyelid, using my MAC 239 brush. I then blend Sable into the crease using my MAC 217 blending brush, and then finally, I blend everything together once more using my clean MAC 224 brush with no eyeshadow on, to ensure that the eyeshadow is completely blended. Then, I line my lashline with my MAC Teddy eyeliner. I love this eye look because it makes a kind of plumy smokey eye, which makes my green eyes pop.

You can buy all MAC products in Brown Thomas stores, most BT2 stores, on the Brown Thomas website.