July 24, 2015

URBAN DECAY NAKED 2 PALETTE REVIEW



From left to right: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite
From left to right: Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout
After having posted my Naked 1 Palette Review, I thought I would continue on and review the second addition to the Urban Decay Naked Palette range, the Naked 2 Palette. This is definitely the Naked palette that I use the least, as I find that the mix of taupe and greige eyeshadows in this palette just don't suit my pale skin tone. Also, I find that the eyeshadows in this palette are very sparkly, whereas in the original Naked palette the eyeshadows have more of a shimmer, which I prefer. Although the eyeshadows in this palette don't really suit my pale skin, I have seen people with slightly darker skin tones wearing eyeshadows from this palette and the colours really suit them.

Just like the Naked 1, there are 12 eyeshadows in this palette. Unlike the Naked 1 palette, which has eyeshadows that can also be used for a natural, daytime eye look,  I would say that this palette is smokier and more suited to being used for a smokey eye. The eyeshadows in this palette are mostly shimmery or metallic, as there are only three matte eyeshadows in this palette; 'Foxy', a matte yellow-toned ivory shade, 'Tease', a matte taupe-brown shade, and 'Blackout', a matte black shade. The eyeshadows in this palette are extremely pigmented, and even with the most glittery shades, such as 'Chopper' and 'YDK', there is never any fallout. I can't say how long these would last on the eyes without a primer, but on top of my NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, they will last about 10 hours on my very oily eyelids with no creasing.

As well as with the original Naked palette, one of the best things about this palette is how versatile it is. There is a great mix of taupe, gold, bronze, brown and greige shades in this palette, which means that there is a multitude of different eyeshadow looks possible using this palette alone. This makes this palette ideal for travelling, as if you find yourself wearing these kinds of colours often, you can just bring this palette with you and then you don't need to bring any other eyeshadows, as there are a variety of lid, crease, outer corner, highlight and even liner shades all in one palette. A double-ended brush also comes with this palette, with a blending brush and a shadow brush on either end, but it isn't very good, and I would advise to just use your own eyeshadow brushes instead. This palette also has a huge mirror inside. The Naked 2 Palette has also improved upon the original palette's packaging, as instead of the felt covering and the soft magnetic closure of the original palette, this palette is housed in a tin with a snap lock. This makes the Naked 2 Palette perfect for travelling, as it could not open itself in your luggage and spill everywhere as the first one sometimes can.

Even though I don't reach for this palette very often, there are a few eyeshadows in this that I enjoy using, and my favourite eyeshadow look using this palette is putting the shade 'Chopper' all over my lid, and then popping 'Tease' in my crease and blending it out. If I want to make this look a bit more smoky, I will pop the 'Busted' shade in my outer corner and blend it into the crease a bit to deepen it. This creates an amazing copper-toned brown smokey eye that looks lovely with my green eyes.

I would recommend this palette to people of all ages who like shimmery eyeshadow, and I would recommend this palette to all skin tones, unless if you are very pale like me ('Siberia' in NARS Sheer Glow), maybe swatch the eyeshadows or try some on in store before purchasing it. This palette is perfect for both beginners and people who love makeup, as the shade range is amazing, and the eyeshadows are fantastic quality.