July 15, 2015

GOLDEN & GLOWY SUMMER MAKEUP LOOK


As the warm weather has finally arrived, I decided to switch up my everyday makeup look and opt for a lighter, more bronzey makeup look that is long-lasting in the heat and requires minimal touching up throughout the day, while still being light on the skin and not looking too overdone. This look that I am about to tell you about is the perfect everyday look for the coming months, or the perfect evening look for when you go out for dinner on beach holidays, when you want to look glowing and polished, but not like you are wearing lots of makeup.

Before I began to apply any makeup, I did my usual skincare routine to ensure that I would have a clean base to apply makeup on. Next, I applied a dot of Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow Primer all over my face, to prep the skin for makeup and to give my dry skin a bit of a glow. I then applied my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer all over my face and blended down to my neck, using the Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush which masked redness and evened out my skin tone. To conceal, I used my NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer under my eyes and on any spots, blending it out with my finger. Next, I primed my eyes for eyeshadow with the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, which is the only eyeshadow primer that makes eyeshadow last on my oily eyelids. While waiting for the eyeshadow primer to sink in, I moved onto my eyebrows, using my Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift in 'Cara D', which is my favourite eyebrow product at the moment, as because I have quite thick brows already, it softly fills in any gaps and evens them out. Next, I moved onto eyes, and using my MAC 217 Brush, I applied the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow Pot in the shade 'Marie Antionette', which is an amazing golden-bronze colour. I applied it all over my eyelids and blended it out into the crease. After, I applied my Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara on both my upper and lower eyelashes. Next, I powdered my T-Zone and set the concealer using the NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder and a Real Techniques Contour Brush. Then, I moved onto my cheeks, and using the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (Review here), I softly contoured my cheeks using the 'Sculpt' shade, and I applied the 'Highlight' shade across the tops of my cheekbones and along the bridge of my nose, using the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush. Then, I applied a light dusting of my Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush in 'First Love' (Review here). For my last step in this makeup look, I applied my KIKO Creamy Lipgloss in 102 Pearly Strawberry Pink.

Although it might seem like I am using a lot of makeup in this look, it only takes me about 10-15 minutes to do this makeup look, and I know that I will not need to touch up my makeup throughout the day, except for maybe adding a touch of powder and another slick of the lipgloss halfway through the day. I also must apologise that this look is very NARS and Charlotte Tilbury heavy, but these are the products that I am loving, and have loved, over the past few months, and many of these products I use almost everyday that I am wearing makeup. NARS and Charlotte Tilbury are also my two favourite makeup brands of all time, as they both have products that work well on my pale skin, and they are also fantastic quality. I would also like to mention that although these are the products I use to get this look, and they are the ones that I find work best for me based on the makeup I already own, you can substitute many or even all of these products with ones you already have that may be like mine but work better for you.