July 17, 2015

MY TRAVEL MAKEUP BAG: SUN HOLIDAY




As I went on a sun holiday a few weeks ago, I thought I would show you what makeup I brought with me. Most days I didn't even wear any makeup, but I wanted to make sure I was prepared in case I was going out for a nice dinner and I wanted to dress up a bit.

I brought two makeup bags with me on holidays, one for my products, and one for my brushes, which I shared with my mum. The first makeup bag that I kept my products in was just a free one that was a gift with purchase. I didn't want to bring a good makeup bag with me, as my makeup bags often get ruined when travelling as products tend to spill, and I wanted to bring a small, compact bag, so I wouldn't end up bringing as much! The makeup bag that I kept my brushes in was my Charlotte Tilbury Makeup Bag

For my base, I took my NARS Tinted Moisturiser, as it is light and glowy, perfect for the summer. For concealer, I took the Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher Concealer, which is also very light. It is perfect for under the eyes, and it can also cover minor blemishes. I also took my NARS Translucent Pressed Powder with me to set my base, as without powder, the tinted moisturiser tends to go shiny after a few hours on the skin.

For cheeks, I took my Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow, which I used as a bronzer and highlighter while on holidays, as the powder has no orange tones in it, so it is perfect for my pale skin. For blush, I packed my NARS Deep Throat Blush, which is the perfect glowy pinky-peach blush.

For my eyebrows, I brought my Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift to fill in my brows and also to brush them. For eyes, I brought two choices of eyeshadow; my Charlotte Tilbury Sophisticate Palette, and my Charlotte Tilbury Eyes to Mesmerise Cream Eyeshadow Pot in 'Marie Antoinette'. I didn't bring any eyeliners with me, as if I needed to, I could use the darkest shade in my Sophisticate palette to get a soft eyeliner look. For mascara, I tried out my brand new Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes Mascara, which is now my favourite mascara.

For lips, I didn't bring many options. I decided to only bring two lipsticks and one lip crayon. The lipsticks I brought were my Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in 'Bitch Perfect' and my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in the shade 'Boy' (not shown in picture). The lip crayon I brought was my KIKO Creamy Lipgloss Lip Crayon in '102 Pearly Strawberry Pink'. I found myself wearing my Chanel lipstick most days, as it is very sheer and moisturising and it looks very natural on the lips.

I only brought five makeup brushes with me, and they are the same five makeup brushes as the ones I talked about in this post.

Even though I found it very hard to pack makeup for my holiday, as I like to make sure I always have options for my makeup, I was happy that I managed to bring just enough makeup to get me by for the two weeks away. I am going on a city break soon, so check back for an updated travel makeup bag post for city breaks in the next few weeks!