July 05, 2015

CHARLOTTE TILBURY FILMSTAR BRONZE AND GLOW REVIEW



As I am very pale (I am 'Fair 1' in the Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder foundation and 'Siberia' in NARS Sheer Glow), I have been on the hunt for the perfect contour kit that wouldn't look orange on my pale skin. A few months ago, my mum arrived home with the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow contour kit that she had bought for herself, and the second I laid eyes on it, I was sure that the contour powder would be too orange, and the highlighter too golden on my cool fair skin. 

I decided to test the contour kit on my fair skin anyway with the Charlotte Tilbury Powder & Sculpt Brush that my mum had also bought, dusting a very light amount of the 'Sculpt' contour shade onto the tip of the brush and running it along my cheekbones in light circular motions, as the makeup artist had taught my mum how to. To my amazement, the contour powder didn't look muddy on my fair skin, and it had given definition to my cheekbones without looking like I had a lot of makeup on, as many contour powders can do. I also put the 'Highlight' shade on the top of my cheekbones with the side of the brush, and even though it was a tad bit too golden for my pale skin, it still gave my cheekbones a nice glow without being overly shimmery. 

Since then, I have been using this contour kit almost every day that I wear makeup, and it is still the best contour product I have ever used on my fair skin. Although both the kit and the brush cost €110 together, they both will last for ages. My mum has just bought her second Filmstar Bronze and Glow (shown in the pictures above), as a few weeks ago she dropped the first one and the highlighter smashed and fell out of the compact, otherwise we would both still be using the first compact, about 10 months after buying it!

I would recommend this contour kit to light and medium skin tones, as if you have a darker skin tone the contour shade might not show up on your skin. If you are looking to buy this product, it is available from Brown Thomas in Dublin, and you can also order it online from either the Brown Thomas website or directly from the Charlotte Tilbury website.